Thanks but not so fast... I got a call that DD had a meltdown this morning followed by a headache this afternoon. She asked to go right back to class after getting her ibuprofen and later when asked if she felt better said "Yes. Actually I'm just joking - no I really feel awful." I went to pick her up and was told the following:

She was in a different classroom when she just stopped working for a few minutes. They got her to go back to her writing and then she started to cry. They calmed her down and then the teacher announced to the class that if they didn't finish their work they would do it during recess. DD totally lost it and they got the SW who has been working with her. She brought DD to her office where DD was so upset she couldn't tell her what happened. They had the school psych (who DD had never met) and her speech therapist sit with her while SW went to find out what happened. SW finds out that the threat was directed at other kids, not DD, and they convince DD that it was all a misunderstanding. Apparently during this time speech therapist notes one of DD's "staring episodes" that I have been describing for months and demonstrated for the team during yesterday's meeting. I found this part out when I read the nurse's note after I got to the car. (And after giving the SW a piece of my mind for the Patch nonsense that triggered all of this anxiety...)

So now I have to wonder if DD sitting and not doing her work, not knowing what they are talking about when they say that she did that, not remembering crying the first time and being confused thinking that the recess threat was aimed at her was all actually her having some kind of seizure. I find it interesting that within 24 hours of demonstrating for the team what one of her "episodes" would look like someone spots one.

Before finding the note I was so angry I really went off on the SW and let the special ed teacher know about the nurse going behind our backs to tell the pediatrician that she doesn't believe any of this is real. After I read the note I found both of them and let them know about it. I really don't know why, as members of the team, they weren't told about the speech therapist seeing this especially when they were involved in DD having a meltdown and headache. Neither DH nor I had seen one of these episodes in quite a while but I thought I spotted one in school during the 100 day activities last month. It just seems too coincidental that I am in school for an hour and see one and someone reports one within 24 hours of me demonstrating it - right?

Those of you who have experience with seizure disorders - does this fit? We are supposed to do an ambulatory EEG but are waiting for an indication (i.e. an apparent cluster of these episodes, increased severity of her headaches, repeated night terror, etc.)I am still so angry at the people at school that my fuse is incredibly short. DH thinks that once one has been reported we are likely to get a bunch more reported. I am hoping that at least they become cognizant of a potential relationship between all of it. At the very least hopefully they will realize that penalizing her, like they did last week with the patch nonsense, is totally inappropriate.

Ideas anyone? After yesterday's events would you be able to back off and trust them to handle things like what happened today?