Ditto to everything Aculady said - I can't think of anything to add!

Re the specific 100s day activity, sometimes it helps me to also look at an assignment from the point of view of a typical student - which isn't always easy because of course we're seeing it through the eyes of our totally not-typical kids. But - fwiw - I'm guessing that the teacher didn't expect the kids to spell correctly since this is first grade (if I'm remembering correctly). Usually in first grade, my kids only had to spell correctly if they were being quizzed specifically on spelling - in their everyday work they were expected to use their sound spelling however it came out. Also the goal of these types of 100s days activities was the counting and math concepts. So yes, it's frustrating and confusing where to start, what to focus on etc overall, but try to put a simple box around this one project and see that, the overall focus was to come up with ideas how to spend $100, and your dd did that - so she was successful with what mattered for that project.

Re translating that success into actual success in getting things on paper, getting credit for her ideas etc - that's all going to be a journey (at least it has been for us). Ideally it will all be thought through ahead of time, she'll have the appropriate accommodations and instruction needed outlined in her IEP, she'll get the accommodations and instruction etc. Even when you have a great start with a well thought out IEP, you'll find that as the school year goes by you'll learn more about how your dd learns and what she needs at school, and you may have to revise/update the IEP. Many times with our 2e kids it's going to be doubly frustrating because we know their potential and yet they're struggling with such very basic skills in early elementary. Those first school years are most often filled with getting past the disabilities... it may not seem helpful to think of it now, but the focus really does change by late elementary and/or middle school to where your child will start having many more opportunities to shine in their areas of strength and the high-IQ part of their 2e will start to step forward over the challenges of the other e. Just try to remember that this is why you're so lost in all the "how-to"s of accommodating etc right now - you're laying the building blocks for tomorrow, giving your child the chance to eventually soar.

Last thought - keyboarding is so key. If I could do anything differently during those early elementary years, I would have had my ds using a keyboard the minute he entered his first classroom.

Hang in there -

polarbear

ps - do you feel like you have a good IEP in place? Does the IEP have specific goals for reading/writing? Is your dd getting pull-out help?