OK back to this. The resistance to bumping him up is so great I begin to doubt myself. I got my 4 year old a second grade homeschooling math book which he is acing and enjoying. Then I go to pick him up at school his teacher knows I'm thinking of skipping him to kindergarten next year because I've asked her how he's doing. She made a point to tell me she sees he is younger than the other kids because he doesn't want to move from one activity to the next or doesn't pay attention and has to be redirected when
following in line or in some class time, but academically he is doing great and he's not disruptive. I told her I thought that it was partly his personality that he wants to complete what he is thinking even if you are ready to move on. While I do think its something to work on, I don't think its a reason to hold him back academically...which he will be even a grade ahead. He reads wells and is doing the second grade math book....I mean how many normal kindergarteners will need to work on those thing with him? What do you think? She told me personality doesn't keep you from walking in line...I totally remember being this way myself in elementary school. What do you think?
I am certain he won't being going to this school for kindergarten regardless...

Last edited by laineylewy; 01/27/12 08:27 PM.