Originally Posted by laineylewy
OK so, I have talked with another school that is actually closer to me. They are willing to admit him after an informal evaluation which I have no doubt he will blow them away. So now the big question is should I just go this other route rather than dealing with his current school and the director whom I believe may be waiting for him to mess up. We looked at the new school together.

We moved Mr W(4y0M) four times in two years.

The first two were bad for him the third was acceptable, and this one is a good fit. Each time we kept looking and looking. Each time its been a better fit for him than the one before. Now he is 1+ accelerated in a class working one grade ahead with mostly GT kids.

No place is perfect, but for us, if he talks about what he did that day, talks about stuff we did not teach him, does not want to leave when we arrive to pick him up, some of his classmates are as alert as he is, the teacher is bright and has high expectations, and the class is working at least one grade ahead, then its about as good as can be.

Originally Posted by polarbear
Our kids all went to Montessori preschool and were able to choose their own work with individual overall guidance from their teachers to help them progress.

Montessori was a good fit for Mr W from 18 mos to 3y because the material was 2+ for him. But after than it was not a good fit for Mr W as he was working so far ahead. The teachers considered him at best a distraction when before he amazed them.

Last edited by Austin; 01/16/12 07:49 AM.