One of the profs at one of the universities she contacted suggested that she avoid trying to get AP/college credit for introductory bio b/c it would be better to take courses in your major @ college. Another option might be to bypass the AP bio her senior year and just live with the pre-AP bio she has already and then take physics her senior year (or to see if the school will let her take it at the community college rather than the hs so she can get college credit for physics at least if she won't be for bio).

Her school does use Naviance. I was unaware that it had any features beyond letting you plan out your courses. I'll have to find out more about what else can be done with it.

Re not specializing in marine bio early, she's thought about that and I do think that she will be specializing early b/c she has unusual direction in that area. She met with a researcher at the Fish & Wildlife Svc when she was in 6th grade who is a well known manatee expert who had, oddly enough, moved to CO at the end of his career to study bats. They discussed her college aspirations and he felt that, given her specific and long term interests (she's wanted to study manatees since she was three), she might be one for whom he'd bend the typical advice to major in just bio and then specialize in marine bio in grad school.

The only variance we've seen from her passion area is from underwater photography of manatees to marine mammologist with a specialty in sirineans (manatees and relatives) to her recent consideration of studying tide pool critters b/c she prefers the atmosphere of the pacific northwest to FL.