Originally Posted by aculady
If the issue is that prior exposure to the topics would help her be more successful in college, and not that she needs the credits on her transcripts to get in where she wants to go, I'd consider leaving her schedule the way she has it planned, and using resources like The Hippocampus independently over the summers to develop familiarity with the additional material.
I'd definitely agree with this. However, I am not sure as to whether she actually needs courses like calculus and physics on her hs transcript or if she just needs familiarity with the material. I'm sure that we could expose her to the material enough that she's feel okay going into college, but if she's going to be at a disadvantage when applying to competitive universities or for scholarships b/c they aren't on her official transcript, I guess that she's going to have to figure out a way to get them into her schedule.

The hard part of this is that she's getting very conflicting information regarding that question from different advisors at her school.