Originally Posted by mcswones
I recall that when he was around 21 months, he was a bit of geography whiz. He loved spinning objects and has a phenomenal memory, and so the globe became a great game for spinning, pointing and remembering. I made a video of him identifying a bunch of random countries around the world and posted it online for some friends and family. The response to this video shocked me, as I had no idea how different my son was at this point. I've since felt quite badly about posting it. ....So, allow me to say that I am very grateful to have found this forum! I'm not sure where my son's skills will lead, but for this stage it's really nice to find other parents who have had similar experiences. Thank you!

I'll allow you to say you are grateful to be here - we are grateful for the privaledge of being here for you, if you are willing to stop blaming yourself for posting that adorable video (which will come in handy some day when applying for Davidson Young Scholar Program- age 5)

It isn't your fault that no one sat you down and explained why you always felt a little 'off' before you had kids, so you had to learn on your own. It might be unforgivable if you did it now, but now you know better, and then you just plain had no way of knowing. Many of us have been in your same boat.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com