My DD, i don't know to call her early reader, she spend basically first 3 yeras with grandparents, came back after 3rd birthday. First 6 months or so in montessori, I can say she barely understood a thing. (grandparents do not speak English).then within a year she was reading very fluently. she spent a total of 2 years in montessori (which caters age 3-6, including K) and based on teachers suggestions and our own observation, we approached school and was tested and advised to skip K. It worked beautifully to her. Couple of points favourable for her though- DD mom was handwriting fanatic and tought her beautiful handwriting, looking at her handwriting, principal and other teachers beleived that she is well rounded and they never hesitated..
2nd point is her height and weight are 85th percentile and unless we tell, it is difficult to know she is a year younger. she is june birthday and now 6 and in 2nd grade.
As Bobbie pointed out, one can work on motor skills and handwriting---just a suggestion...
for montessori, DD was 'student helper', when teacher needed to solve 2 students issues at the same time, teacher used to deal one and sent DD to deal with the other student. Other parents after watching DD doing this, they never complained and kinda liked DD a lot..

Last edited by yannam; 01/06/12 06:49 PM.