Originally Posted by Nik
Originally Posted by Grinity
Will she accept a writing/organizational skills tutor? Nowadays coaching can be done over the Internet or in person. Was she at all impressed that the school almost didn't let her return?

No and, no! She seemed very calm about it, said she believed she would be fine...I think that may be due to the Aspie in her. (I am the one getting panic-inducing correspondence from the school). Her roommate didn't fair so well so hopefully DD realizes now that they clearly mean business there.

Originally Posted by Grinity
I love the book 'Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook' by Lisa Bravo to help parent these tough to motivate kids.

Love it! Good for you! I am not sure if my DD would pick up on those subtle gestures though...I may have to
bring that book back out for the summer.

very small discussion based classes, writing labs and tutors are available at no charge (but she has to ask for the help, and there is still the anxiety). I really wouldn't know what else to ask for. I am hopeful that she might have less anxiety about asking for and accepting help now that she has gotten to know her tutors (teachers) and fellow students over the last semester (they will all be the same for next semester).

Get the book out now. If those letters seem panic inducing then you have plenty to practice on. Stress anxiety and flexibility seem to be themes that could become key life lossons. I can promise that her life will be full of ups and downs. If you panic over the downs you won't be able to savor her or provide the calm positive reference she needs.

I had faith that she will face her challenges and grow.

Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com