Nik - my first thought is "Has her body changed significantly since starting school?"

I know mine did first semester!

If she changes her excercise routine, gains or losses body weight, or her hormones change one can expect to 'hop back on the medication merry-go-roung.'

Will she accept a writing/organizational skills tutor? Nowadays coaching can be done over the Internet or in person. Was she at all impressed that the school almost didn't let her return?

I love the book 'Transforming the Difficult Child Workbook' by Lisa Bravo to help parent these tough to motivate kids. Just this week as DS was returning to school and his airplain reservation was dissapointing, he started up (in public) his 'Mom You Don't Even Care what I Go Through" Whining, and without even thinking about it a turned my body away very slightly and broke eye contact (as is suggested) and he twitched, took a breath, and said: 'Opps, sorry' and then went back to his normal mature behavior. What was so amazing is that I didn't even have any mental thoughts about my behavior of turning away - I just no longer tolerate being disrespected by him and it was natural to shift my body without any thought in the matter. It was only after he responded that I even knew what I had done. That's after about 6 months without 'practice.'

I don't share their view on ADHD medications. I'm sure that in 20 years all the current medications will look 'barbaric' but for now they are making a very strong and positive difference at our family.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com