Momtogirls - I'm sure I've been guilty of complaining on this forum, but it wasn't because my son didn't have good teachers. The teachers we were dealing with when trying to advocate for more challenging materials for our HG+ DS probably had not ever encountered anyone like him, and it is undertandable and human nature for those teachers to want to get to know him themselves. Once they got him, they did do their best to accommodate and differentiate, but when you have 24 other kids who are at varying different levels, it's really hard. That prompted us to seek out a school for HG kids, and the teachers have been amazing.

I think we all should remember that there are teachers on this forum too. I have a tremendous respect for what teachers do - I'm not sure I could do it. I posted the St Paul article because I believe that all teachers need flexibility to be able to teach in their own style to different kids who learn in different ways. I am glad I do not currently live in that district. I wonder how the enrollment gains that district has recently made will pan out if the scripted teaching becomes established without flexibility. But I digress... Thank you Momtogirls and other teachers!