Originally Posted by ultramarina
This is how I feel, too! I suspect DD is a little addicted to the praise she gets at school for being a "leader" (they push this) and a good student. They get prizes and so on. Meh.
In that cases Transforming' will be very helpful. Schools can't hit kids or frighten them into being quiet. Lots of teachers are moving beyond Sarcasm and Shaming. They don't have the i ndividualized self correcting materials of Montessori. How else could teachers be expected to control the classroom except to make a competition out of compliance?

A useful way to look at this is that everyone needs a certain amount of 'Energy' to get through the day. More than usual during the stress of physical recovery. Adults use chocolate and coffee etc. Recognition and Attention (positive or negative) give Energy but the negative attention is a kind of junk food feeding that leaves the person hungry again. Maybe Manipulative attention like what she gets in school is part nutritious and part junk food. So it is even more important to become an expert at giving positive attention to her true self.

Love and More Love
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com