Why I think DD is visual spatial? She has the same abilities as me to remember scenes, even as a young kid, she pulls something out from years ago and places it exactly in context. And I have talked to her about her thinking. Since DH is that verbal, literal brain, that files facts like an encylopedia, DD is like me and her math skills are much higher than her verbal. Though her verbal is strong, she does things that I do with words.

I know that part of the problem is her speed of thought with the writing. With visual spatial you think of the picture and then you have to write all the words and here you are this 7 year old and have to print them all out...

And I had to train my mind to read and remember. I couldn't just read the words, I had to make a movie as I read. I can describe what happened on a timeline, figure out the year by events. And DD is like that. I remember forever. But I cannot remember names. It takes me a long time to remember someone's name. I have to hear it a lot. But I will remember their phone number, just once.

These are the pattern I see with DD. Even when I see her do her online math, the patterns and tricks she uses to remember the multiplication and division.