Groan. I'm such a lawnmower mom. �I bought three of these..http://www.rocknlearn.com/html/writing_strategies.htm
I bought math word problems, reading comprehension, and writing strategies. �I bought them first and then realized how close to Christmas we are, so they're going under the tree. �
I posted a controversial post on young gifties on another gifted forum, "should they change to fit the rest of the world or should the rest of the world change for them since they will eventually anyway?"
[[thought-bubble- i don't think education changes you]]
[[adapting might expand you]]?.�IMO education doesn't create mindless drones, it might reveal one if that's what's under the skin (burn!).o Education won't kill her creativity, it's too deep and too real.
If your dd is not 2e, and you've never posted reasons you think she is, this is where a quick outline of what everybody expects her to produce will cut down on the suffering. �(even if you think she knows because she's shown you once or twice, it doesn't hurt to spell it out so that she knows that she knows). �These 3 videos teach to the test, teach to produce. �HTH.

P.S. Wren, only because I don't think you suspect disability, only discrepancy. �To me that's a red flag that this is a teachable area.�

I've gone and posted things I think instead of Things I believe or things I'm sure of. �Drat. �I don't disagree with Dee Dee an Aculady that you should be aware that these things might come from something treatable. �If you try a few other teaching strategies and you can't get her to understand assume that she can't understand and not that she's being stubborn. �And you're not saying different things either. � By passing the language center of the brain could certainly be the opposite of audio/sequential aka visual/spatial. �And if techniques for a certain label work, consider this... How many people here are using "the nurtured heart approach" when it was written for ADD kids and ODD kids, but it's working well for HG+ kids.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar