Originally Posted by Wren
And her abililty in reading seems more visual spatial with the mispronunciation of words, which I still have a problem with sometimes. As a visual spatial, if I do not visual as someone is talking, I cannot remember what they say. If I focus, I can visual the scene for the rest of my life, like pulling a movie reel out of the stock room in my brain.

This is how I work, too. If I meet someone and they tell me their name, and it's unusual, I'll forget the name in under 2 minutes. I'll meet them time and again, and the process will repeat itself. Then one day I'll see how their name is spelled, and I'll never forget it. This recently happened with a new neighbor, until a piece of her mail was delivered to my mailbox by mistake.

Honestly, I think that reading comprehension assessments at that age are a joke. In early elementary school, reading comprehension usually involves too much of picking out the insignificant details. As I said in another thread, who cares what color the dog was? This isn't so much a visual/spatial thing as a forest/trees kind of thing... and I guess I've already exposed where I come up on that continuum.

I remember comprehension testing at that age, and it always felt like such a chore, because I'd read the passage once, then have to go back and skim it again for almost every question. It was consistently the worst section on my state assessment exams regardless... not that my worst section was a score worth mourning over.

Fast forward to adult life, and I'm the guy who keeps ruining mystery shows for my wife, and she still hasn't forgiven me for figuring out much of what was to come in the final Harry Potter novel, so I guess my comprehension is doing fine.