To break the habit of rushing and encourage the habit of attention to detail, sometimes it helps to break down the task (in this case taking the test) into small parts with a reward for completing each part, and to reduce the incentive to rush.

Say your child really wants a trip to a local amusement park. You can set up an incentive system just for taking these tests. First explain why developing the habit of accuracy and taking your time is important to you, and why you are willing to reward her efforts towards improving with a signifiant reward (the trip.)

Next lay out the subsets of the task. To reduce the rushing, ask that she stay seated looking at the test for at least 30 minutes (or whatever you think is long enough for the test) whether she is done or not.

So she can earn points towards tha amusement park trip each time she takes the tests. Score something like this:

Sitting in front of the test looking at it for 30 minutes 20 pts.
reading directions out loud 10 points.
double checking each answer another way 10 points
writing work down instead of doing it in your head 10 points

Earn 100 points and I'll take you to the amusement park!

I used this system this school year with my son for homework and what I have found is that having used it for over 30 days, he now has formed more of a careful homework habit and I don't even need to use the rewards so much any more.

1)