My undergrad experience was basically the worst experience of my entire life. I still get nightmares about it. Really. Large state school - I had a free ride for the Honors' Program.

I ultimately gave up and retreated into my room, slept, ate pizza, and played computer games all the time. My first semester's grades were a 3.75. At the end, I was getting 1.75's and failing classes right and left. I eventually graduated, took the LSAT, and went to law school.

Most of this had to do with me being extremely immature, particulary socially and emotionally. Actually practing law has helped immensely.

I'm pretty sure that college isn't supposed to completely destroy your sense of self worth and leave you feeling like your life is over. I wish I knew now what I knew then.

I majored in chemical engineering and had no interest in engineering. The weed out classes were pretty easy, since I didn't have to study or attend class and I could still get about a 3.5. My problem arose when I had to take the actual engineering classes, which required actual work. Having never put any effort into any academic subject, other than to simply sit there and absorb the information, the requirement to actually work and think in the upper level engineering classes basically destroyed me.

I don't really wish college on anyone.

I left college in much worse shape then when I had started. Basically, the worst I ever felt in my entire life was when I graduated from college.

I'm just glad that I wasn't paying for college.

Law school (T14) was better overall, but it wasn't very hard, and I could get back to may ways of not paying attention or doign work.

I didn't have any interest in either engineering or law. I just had to *do* something. I recommend not majoring or getting a graduate degree in something in which you have no interest.

Although I can give random advice about law as a career now that I've been practicing for 10 years. I have a pretty good idea of the general layout of the legal profession.

I'm personally still toying with the idea of going to medical school, but I don't feel like being sleep deprived.