Just chiming in to say that what we have been told (and this may be a difference in popular ways of thinking about things in Australia v. the US), is that Dyslexia is primarily an auditory based disorder - so does regularly go hand in hand with CAPD. And that where you have gifted + CAPD + dyslexia you almost always also have inattentive ADHD (or what I think you call ADD?).

All of DDs initial test reports 2 years ago pointed out audtiory issues and probable dyslexia (I am not sure why the psych wouldn't diagnose dyslexia then, she should have). But because DD was already getting great support at school we didn't do formal CAPD testing then. Two years on the school have asked us to get a diagnosis so that she will have it on record in primary school lest she need extra help in high school exams. So DD was just diagnosed with CAPD recently, the testing was fascinating. She scored 98% for some tests and under 2% for others (enough to get a diagnosis).

And we are about to have her tested for dyslexia and inattentive ADHD, both of which I am expecting her to be diagnosed with. It took her 3 agonizing years to learn to read, and another 1.5 yrs to reach the point that she now finally reads for pleasure. I just had her do the DORA test and she's 3ish years ahead in word recognition, vocab and comprehension - and 2 years behind in spelling and with "poor" phonemic awareness.

I guess she would now be described as having "stealth dyslexia" but it was brutally obvious that there was a problem when she couldn't learn to read... And when thinking about ADD as the ability to control her attention and memory at will, rather than the ability to pay attention well sometimes, it is quite clear that she does indeed have ADD. Put a child who can't read, can't process auditory information that doesn't having meaning to them and has ADD in a classroom and you have a perfect recipe for abject failure...