I am relatively new to this board and seeking thoughts on grade skipping. I've read lots of reports on the issue (Nation Deceived included) but am looking for personal experience and thoughts. Our son is bright, and a giant reader with really strong comprehension, fluency, and writing skills which I think aids him in everything else.

Noticing he was talking about reading for hours at school some days (when the teacher couldn't get time to challenge him), we became worried he was getting bored. We mentioned something to the teacher, expecting a wall and are surprised that the teacher and administration staff seem quite in support of it. We asked for IQ and achievement testings and they and we wanted to to see testing from the next grade level for data but all signs point the school allowing it. Our son is also on board with it, adding that "he'd learn something" with a grade skip.

What are your personal experiences and/or thoughts? We live in a small community as well, which adds to the fact that this doesn't happen often...Thanks for the thoughts...