Jamie - It is likely that theatre experience compounded the problem as it does make for a much more intense experience of any film. But Nemo starts with a baby loosing their entire family and goes down hill from there, including themes about AA meetings (WHY???) and a crazed dentist (WHY??), none of these are themes my 2.5yr old needed to experience. After 9 months of obsessing and panic in public places, Nemo finally ended up being the only film my DD would watch for a while too (the final stage of her obsession and working through it). But I still think it is the classic example of "kids" films being made for adults.

Kids can and do have weird fears and each child is sensitive to different things, most of DDs friends the same age loved Nemo and had no problems with it. But it certainly drove home to me that for my child I needed to pre-screen movies carefully and to this day we continue to chose what they see with caution.

My middle daughter's great fear was public toilets, which made toilet training rather difficult!

Last edited by MumOfThree; 05/06/11 01:35 AM. Reason: typos and clarity