Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 194 guests, and 41 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    jkeller, Alex Hoxdson, JPH, Alex011, Scotmicky12
    11,444 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    <raising hand>

Kriston
    J
    J
    <raises hand>

Yep! And when grandpa & GS10 are watching together, I leave the room. The amount of 'haha' & 'I was right this time' grates on my nerves. And it flows both ways, grrrr!

DS6' favorite is deal or no deal. He figures out the offer while the show breaks on commercial. He even wrote a letter to Howie Mandel letting him know if Howie ever wanted to take a vacation, he would love to stand in!

Shari
    Mom to DS 10, DS 11, DS 13
    Ability doesn't make us, Choices do!
    O
    O
    when my son(9) was really little he collect Fuzz. This is the stuff that comes from inside socks and dust bunnies under the bed. I use to see the Fuzz on his dresser and throw it out and get in trouble. I kept forgetting he wanted to keep it. Finally, I got with the program and complemented how nice his Fuzz was. He appreciated this. This seems strang but there is more...

Recently, I mentioned this and commented how it was funny. He started using the word Fuzz as a subsitute for other words randomly thru out his day. It drives me a little crazy.

He also collected bottle caps at one time. That was fun.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Fuzz?

F
    F
    My DH, who is gifted, collected fuzz as a child. He kept it in a huge ball under his bed according to my MIL. He still collects fuzz - he just keeps it in his belly button. LOL!!!

S
    S
    Originally Posted by Floridama
    How many of your youngins like the Wheel and Jeopardy?

LOL, DS started to watch wheel of fortune at 3 and really likes it. He even suggested having a b-day party with wheel of fortune as his theme when he turned 4. Kinda crazy. He started on jeopardy at 4.5. He still likes them both but hasn't been watching them as obsessively. We got him the wheel game that you can hook up to the tv for Christmas, he really likes it and is quite good.

Lately he is into electronics, which most 4&5 year olds aren't as enthusiastic about. He can play with his snap circuits set for hours (he just got it for his birthday). We just went on vacation for a week and he brought his set. he kept asking some kids (our friends children) that are ages 3 1/2 and 4 if they wanted to do electronics with him. They were uninterested to say the least.

He also likes Soduko and is quite good at them and now can do the 9x9 ones pretty well. He loves all sorts of on-line puzzle games and board games...and some of the on-line puzzle games I don't get at all...but he picks up on how to do them quite quickly.

O
    O
    thanks for the comments!LOL LOL LOL smile

B
    B
    We love Wheel and Jeopardy! Especially a couple weeks ago when Kid's Jeopardy was on! Those episodes made me feel smart wink

B
    B
    I guess my kid is a bit older, but DD13 is completely obsessed with Jeopardy.... and as a sneak into the future, she has tried out for the teen version. (although it doesn't look like she got in frown )

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    11-year-old earns associate degree
    by indigo - 05/27/24 08:02 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/22/24 08:50 AM
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    Classroom support for advanced reader
    by Xtydell - 05/15/24 02:28 PM