Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (1 invisible), 384 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    So sorry about your week, and your kitty. frown Next week will be better. Take good care of yourself and do a little pampering. I would suggest chocolate yogurt. Or a kid free bubble bath. (((HUGS))).

I
    I
    I hope you're allowing yourself lots of time and tears. I'm a big believer in bibliotherapy and found reading Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant was helpful when my dog died. I saw she's written Cat Heaven too.

http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Heaven-Cynthia-Rylant/dp/0590100548

I am so pathetic when it comes to my animals and have literally curled up in a ball when my cat was killed (hit and run) on Thanksgiving Day. So I completely understand your pain and not that this lessens the pain, but at least he/she had a full life. Just hang in there and I will keep your family in my prayers hoping the economy doesn't take down another one. I was in the consulting world so I know how hard it can be when the clients make the first cuts their consultants. That is how I found myself without a job back during the Sept. 11 aftermath.

I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow.

I'm so sorry, Kriston.

I'm sorry about your cat, loosing a friend after such a long time must be truly devastating.

Of course there is never only one thing going wrong frown The economy has everybody worried especially around here. Quite a few of my friends are worried about possible or already planned layoffs. I hope your husband gets to keep his job and hopefully things will work themselves out. In the meantime have some chocolate and wine (my standard remedy). PM If you want to talk more

Good luck tomorrow

LMom
    Good luck with the oral surgery tomorrow. Just the thought makes me cringe--I will definitely thinking good thoughts for you.

I am also sorry about your cat. I have never had a pet that long but can only imagine the pain it must cause for the whole family.

Crisc
    M
    M
    Sorry about the loss of your cat. Good luck with the surgery.
    <<<Hugs>>>

Kriston Offline OP
    OP Offline
    Originally Posted by Mia
    At least the drugged out haze will be put to good use! whistle

laugh

LOL! Indeed! That's what I've been saying, too. Never a better time for prescription narcotics!

LMom: I chose a blackberry vodka cocktail and caramel corn--since it was my last time to chew for a while--but I was totally working in that frame of mind. laugh

But seriously, thanks everyone. I needed that. I am more open here than I ever am in real life (except with my DH), and I appreciate the friendship and support you're all giving me. Next week I'll be back to normal. But thanks for letting me be overwhelmed in public. It did me a lot of good.

I'm still crying over my poor, dear cat. I do wish I'd had time to say goodbye. But I couldn't wish a more peaceful death on anyone. He died the way I want to go: old and in my sleep. There are worse things.

I feel a lot better. Thanks for caring. smile

Kriston
    Oh Kriston - I'm so sorry about your kitty. And all the other woes as well.
    My 19yo kitty died last year, and it's still sad to think of it. (I had to hold her at the vet when she got put to sleep.)

Hope the surgery goes well. It will all be a bit better soon!

Oh Kriston! Big hugs sent your way!

I'm very sorry to hear about your week. My best friend from high school just lost her 16 year old cat last week as well. She is a graphic designer and was out of town at a show site when it became apparent that the kitty was going downhill fast. She was so distressed that she could not be there to say goodbye to her beloved cat. She even had her husband hold up the phone to her cat, so that Lucky could hear the sound of her voice. So very sad! Just try to focus on what a full and happy life he had. I lost my two ancient cats a few years back, and so I understand the hole in your heart that comes from his absence.

I'm sorry to hear about all of the added troubles that just seem to cluster or magnify with each additional blow. One trouble is enough, when they are on that scale. When multiple troubles begin to happen all at once, I usually take the humorous aspect and wonder what did I do to seriously "P" off someone higher up in the theological food chain. And since 1) I am not a particularly religious person (or I should say that I don't follow a particular organized religion), and 2) I approach life with a bit of a sarcastic streak, I tend to stand in the middle of a room with my hands on my hips and ask some form of Divinity or Fate if there is anything else she would like to throw my way? It may not improve the situation, but at least it makes me feel better!

I sincerely hope that things are on the upswing. May you recover from surgery faster than expected. May your repaired car find new life and continue working with no additional improvements needed. And may your DH find a job, or a position within the company, that he finds rewarding and well-paying!
    Sending you extra thoughts of good-will and luck your way!

Mom to DS12 and DD3
    E
    E
    Kriston,
    By now you surgery should be over and those drugs should be kicking in!
    My sincere condolences on the death of your cat. I certainly hope that things work out smoothly for your husband. Grieving over a death and worrying about jobs is a worthy reason to look for some support from your friends!

Hang in there and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM