Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 455 guests, and 11 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    sydness #112274 09/22/11 09:15 AM
    S
    sydness Offline OP
    OP Offline
    S
    I thought I'd get back to you all and let you know where we are at! Well, I almost had a conversation with her the other night, and didn't. I actually think I'm going to let her go on. She knows that there are other who don't believe. She knows that it really doesn't make sense. She knows she has to ask for realistic gifts. (unlike the year she asked to be made into a fairy.) As far as I'm concerned, she has enough information to decide for herself. She clearly has let us know her decision. I'm not sure what would make her sadder, us having lied about Santa or us not letting her play the Santa game another year.

So, another year of sitting on Santa's lap...for us. I also think that because she is the oldest in the family, brightest in the class, and responsible for many things, she deserves to sit on the lap of a fat, old man and tell him what she really wants for Christmas...She gets to be little again for 5 minutes. It's still magical. Besides, she KNOWS it's not the real Santa. Just people he hires. lol
    Thanks for all the comments. It made me really think about what I felt was right for HER.

sydness #112280 09/22/11 11:49 AM
    A
    A
    DD8 is really into dolls too. Barbie, American Girls, Moxie Girls, Polly Pockets, Littlest Petshop, BFC Inc, Dolly & Me...etc! She finds other girls at her gifted school that also like to play that way and they have playdates where they just get lost in their make believe world. I wasn't that kind of kid so I don't get it. I don't think she will be giving up her dolls any time in the near future!

i think the kids and I have been playing along with each other on the santa thing for YEARS. None of us wants to pull back the curtain and expose OZ for what he is... I never felt comfy fabricating a huge deception though.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:25 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by SaturnFan - 05/15/24 04:14 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM