Inky thanks, there is definitely some existential depression here! She has said she thinks life is difficult, disappointing and doesn't quite see how she will fit in.

But, outside of school all is great. She is multi-talented, playing piano, violin and French horn. She plays tennis, basketball, and learns hip hop dance outside school and loves them all. But it seems she has almost lost her identity.

Maybe Grinity you are right. She is in the wrong group. She is way ahead of them. Due to the multiage structure of the school, the older hg girl was in her class last year, and they loved working together and "competing". But this year she has gone and there is no competitionfor her academically.

I have mentioned the trial idea of a skip with her and she was less negative than just simply skipping. Otherwise maybe subject acceleration in language arts to be with the hg girl at least part time? In math my DD is way ahead of her .

DD doesn't want the skip as she feels her chances of being voted into a leadership position next year will be less! She has also been with several of her classmates for 6 years now, and relationships are very important to her.

I believe there are several issues at play here, including all the above and perfectionism. But I do not want her dumbing down to fit in!

Thanks all

Steph