Tks aculady. Its so true about arming him for when he needs it. Who knows? I will soldier on. And it's certainly true about life being hard in the classroom. He enjoyed his accelerated math in school because that involved working in front of a computer without input from the teacher. But once it was regular work where he had to pay attention to instructions, he was lost. We pulled him out to homeschool last year shortly before we knew about his APD. Not that we needed the decision to be affirmed, but everything became crystal when he was diagnosed.

Mich, we tried martial arts for a year. He really hated it. Swimming- it's at least 4 years of private lessons. We switched him to group to make the lessons less intense and more interesting when he became water safe. But yes, this is hard going. Biking- no balance yet. The kinesiologist has a gradual plan to work all these in. At home, we try to play ball sports.

It's a good reminder not to belabor his weaknesses. Luckily we live in an area where, for lack of a better way to put it, nerds rule. He's a very confident boy smile. People wonder why I put so much emphasis on sports. But it's a very enjoyable and natural part of life that I don't want him to miss out on.