Originally Posted by Grinity
Unless they are trying to ship your kid off to a school to work on the AS without accomidating the gifteness. That could lead to serious trouble if the AS is a misdiagnosis. Think back to your description of your family life - is your son showing some flexibility in navigating the social waters at home, or does he just avoid the teens and call all the shots for the younger sib?
And that's what they are suggesting right now, to ship him off to a special school where there's no provision for his giftedness. I think the situation will only worsen as he'll either go to sleep, or find something really creative, like a riot. He's done it before when he was really bored. Stand on the chair to lead a protest.
Originally Posted by Grinity
My DH's somewhat mythologized version of DS's gradeskip goes like this: DS was so bored that he was very distracting to the children who sat next to him. The teacher kept moving him from child to child as the children and their parents complained that sitting next to DS was too distracting. Finally there were no more kids for DS to sit next to in her classroom, so the teacher moved him up a grade.

This BTW isn't literally true, but it captures the spirit of the thing nicely!
Ha ha! I like this way of describing things! Perhaps we've got enough complains from the parents to consider moving DS up as well. He's gone through enough corporal punishment for this year because of the numerous complains from parents.