Hi Grinity,

Thanks much for the encouragement and all the great suggestions and insights! The Meyers-Briggs was particularly interesting and has been quite helpful, especially since I have the same personality type. We've been able to talk about what our strengths and challenges are as INFJs.

You said: "Since she is a "J" then her "F" is a stronger part of her make up than her "N" (Does that seem right?) however, since she is an "I" she will show the world her "N" and keep her "F" to herself." This is very true. She keeps her feeling quite bottled up, which is not healthy.

DD had a WPPSI-R a Stanford-Binet L-M done when she was 5. This was done by a different psychologist when we lived in another state. It was part of a larger evaluation that also included the Woodcock-Johnson. I don't know if any of these can be used to compare with her current WAIS-IV, but I will give you the info.

WPPSI-R showed Performance 118, Verbal 135, and Full Scale 132. I do have the subtest results for that test if any in particular are useful.

Stanford-Binet L-M score was 137. The tester noted "...excelled in verbal abstract reasoning and verbal fluency at the 10 year level. Vocabulary was at the 8 year level...spacial reasoning and visual memory were relatively weaker. In addition [DD] missed some verbal absurdities items, in which she was asked to explain why a given statement was foolish or silly, because she said, 'this never happens to us' or 'it doesn't happen in real life.'...Because of this, we may have an underestimate of her abilities on this test."

Woodcock-Johnson-Revised showed everything in the 97th to 99th percentile.

It's interesting that you bring up the sense of fairness or justice. This is a BIG deal for her, and she has been driven to do something about it, although she often feels frustrated because she sometimes feels there is little she can do. Injustice makes her very sad.

She has been active in our church with a local ministry for the homeless, and she has been to Brazil twice on mission trips (without her parents!). She's very vocal about Fair Trade issues and is volunteering with a fair trade store in our church. She is strongly considering social work as a career and would like to do some job shadowing next semester.

Self-care is something her counselor has been focusing on, and we are trying to put those into place at home.

For college, for a while she had been considering staying home a year and attending the local community college. She's lately moving away from that and thinking she would rather start at a 4-year college. Her college of choice is very small and intimate and meets her needs for a sense of religious community. I think she is feeling rather isolated now with the homeschooling, and the 4-year college would probably give her a greater sense of community and support than the community college.

I sure appreciate you comments!