hey everyone,

Thanks for the information and comments! I guess insight was a poor choice of words on my part since he doesn't have any issues other than lack of motivation. Input and suggestions are really what I was seeking.

Dottie, thanks for providing the adjusted numbers with the extended norms and thoughts on the Picture Concepts subtest. He quite often does not give obvious answers to questions, spending a good portion of his time outside the box rather than inside. It certainly can be frustrating at times when a simple response is warranted.

AlexsMom, thanks for the hope. We do hope it "kicks in" sooner rather than later. We will continue to expose him to stimulating activities and provide examples of success and achievement. Many of his classmates are high achievers and I think he finds that a bit tedious.

Aimee, thanks for your thoughts on the Picture Concepts subtest. If asked I'm sure he would have provided quite interesting explanations for his reasoning. He generally has an interesting point of view on most subjects when he engages.

Incogneato, thanks for pointing out the GAI, it appears he would qualify on the abilities requirement using the GAI.

Well, we will definitely look into the SAT or ACT this year. I wasn't planning on having him taking one this year but it certainly seems like a beneficial step. One nice side effect of the laid back attitude is the complete lack of test anxiety. He just goes in and does his business.

These forums are certainly a wonderful resource. I'm glad we found them.

Thanks again!!!

Philip Stone