Originally Posted by Lori H.
I am thankful that my son was finally referred to a neurologist for his migraine headaches. I am thankful that the neurologist actually listened to us and he also finds it strange that my son has dyspraxia but he does not look uncoordinated when he dances in musical theater until the hypotonia and low endurance kick in or when he has a headache.

I am glad they are looking further at this as being able to dance in musical theater is not at all consistent with a child being truly dispraxic. I hope you get different, and more helpful, information from the neurologist. I suspect you will.

I don't totally agree with the premise of the article posted. It is quite possible for a child to be weak or hypotonic and have all the symptoms listed, but to not really have dysgraphia. Our hypotonic child had problems with every single thing on that list, but with hand and upper body strengthening and a great deal of handwriting practice, his handwriting is acceptable. It is readable and he can write for a reasonable period of time without tiring. He doesn't have problems with sequencing or genuine dygraphia problems. If on the other hand we'd embraced the diagnosis and allowed him to use a keyboard instead he may look dysgraphic at this point.