I haven't posted for a long while but today is a very sad day for us as my son has had his first real disappoint because of being gifted.

To make a long story short, we searched forever to find a school because while he has been homeschooled since preschool, he is now 7 1/2 and really, really wants to go to school.

We found the perfect place and they have spent 6 weeks on and off evaluating him. He spent two days in the classroom and LOVED every minute of it. The were going to do a two year grade skip and then bump him up another few grades for math and reading pull-outs.

All seemed great, until we got the call.
The call today was that he was too advanced academically for the 2 year skip and his handwriting skills and his speed (they gave him a math speed drill and he didn't do the questions fast enough, although the ones he finished he scored perfectly)were not advanced.

They have no place for him because if he was going to be in a class room with 12 year olds, he needs to have the handwriting and processing speed of a twelve year old. Giving him a computer or word processor would put too much extra work on the school.

Needless to say, he is absolutely devastated and because of this disappointment, so are we.

I know you all understand these challenges so I was hoping for some moral support, some ideas for after-school groups that are social and any feedback on Davidson Academy of Nevada. We are seriously considering a move out there for 2012.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!