Does he go to a public school? I'm not sure they can say he can't have special ed accommodations in a GT class. My ds goes to a GT school, but they have a special ed teacher there part-time. I'm not saying they want or encourage 2e kids to attend - in fact, it has been suggested that my ds should go back to his home school if he needs more accomodations. Legally, however, they have to accomadate him. It's not the resources the school has, it's the needs of the child that determine what he can get. For example, at our neighborhood school (where my other children go), there's a blind child. Before she started to attend, the school never had a visually impaired teacher. Now, a VI teacher comes every day.

The homework solution seems simple to me. The teacher can write your son's assigments down. It's not that big of a deal. (they'll tell you they can't write down every child's homework, but you're not asking for that. You want them to write down one child's homework). If for some reason that won't work or a voice recorder of some type might work. In fact, if your ds has an auditory processing problem, he could probably record his classes.

You might want to talk to a special ed advocate in your area. You can check the white (or maybe it's yellow) pages on wrightslaw.com for one near you.