thank you melissa
i have to say i am increasingly impressed with this system. - so far its a great fit for my 2E reluctant math kid who is verbally gifted and has speed issues. He thinks the folksy sounding guy is his real teacher and wants to do good work for him.. The little music that plays now he just loves..and as i mentioned in another thread, he does all his EPGY while sitting on an exercise ball and he hops up and down when he gets an answer right. I am a little nervous about what will happen when he reaches the timed drills but we'll cross that bridge...

My younger child is just going into kindergarden and likes it too- the fact that i accidentally started her as a second grader is a real eye opener for me as she seems to be able to do just about everything (except subtraction equations - fillingin number that is not the answer- which exposes a gap i had't even considered).

But it does make me wonder.. should i back up my going-into-K DD5 to give her a higher level of success? She is doing 1.7 with about 88% accuracy. But she is taking a long time to answer the questions that require exposure to math facts, and she is not liking it as much. I am wondering how far it will "back up" on its own for her if she starts strugglign as the numbers get higher, due to lack of memorization..if it automatically backs up as her scores go down, i'll leave well enough alone. any insight appreciated.

irene