Originally Posted by lilartsy
Quick update- we just got back from the audiologist...it is not an auditory processing disorder.

I'm going with the slow because he's super gifted theory. At least that will make me feel better. I am beginning to worry that he is going to get a complex that "Mommy thinks something is wrong."

Thanks all for the links and advice.

Glad to hear that APD is ruled out. I know what you mean, but it seems to me that if you do find a 'something' that will help you and he understand him better that it will be worth it.

Still it's hard.

Glad to hear that his reading is fluent. I wonder if it's worth it to try to do a 'unit' on Logic and Debate. If he's going to take a long time to think everything through, step by step, perhaps training him how to do that more efficiently will help.

There is a love of precision (like my DH) and there is the 'going round in circles because I don't trust myself to do it right' that we usually call perfectionism. Given those definitions, what do you think that you are seeing? Does he tear up his work in disgust? Is he pleased with himeslf at the end?

I always remind myself around this time that 'it's a process!'

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com