Dear Just a mom,
I understand your level of frustration. Not everyone has that option, and like in my case that was not the best option. My mom thought that it would be and it hurt me more then helped me.
So in my case I help fight the "BIG WIGS" on what a Gifted Child needs. A REAL EDUCATION. I have made a lot of progress. But as you see in earlier post a lot of parents of "Gifted" get upset about the wrong stuff. I just made contact with the other person on this forum, ( the one they bit her head off)(flew to meet her and your committee even) and WOW. This mom goes out of her way to help hundreds of parents "FREE OF CHARGE" to find the right place for their child. Some times that did mean "homeschooling" but they were in combined settings with other parents.
I don't mean to offend people on here, but Home schooling is not always the best option. And like you, for some that could not be the option, unless they want to live on welfare or make a lot of money early in life like I did. If you tell me what state you live in I could send you many contacts on who could be right for your child in education. Also I'm here in New Mexico meeting with that mom, and finding out a lot more information.
P>S> Thanks 2more2go for sticking up for me and that mom. You know I don't like being around mean.