I am in the toddler phase of everything but I watch my friends doing things that in my opinion set the stage for what is coming in the future and it is with that attitude that I enforce manners with my DD. In regards to another thread about bossy ... my DD is extremely bossy but also has a high sense of empathy so it helps even things out. People are always impressed with her when we are out in public. She minds well and is respectful of others.

But as far as butting in to the parenting of others ... that is just my opinion, I would be butting in. If they show concern I will open the can of worms but I don't harp on it. I was in that position with a close friend of mine when we had a play date for our daughters. Her daughter was so uncontrollable it made me completely uncomfortable and now I will not put my DD in that situation again. It was really heartbreaking when we left them that my DD quietly sad that "M. really doesn't know how to mind her mommy." I also had the DD that was trying to mimic a little of what she saw M. do and this made it an easy conclusion for us that we would not have anymore play dates with my friend until she tackles some of M. problems. I didn't say anything but a few weeks ago the topic came up and I voiced my opinion on the issue. Hopefully the mom will do something to correct it.