I don't want you to think I'm not thrilled with the B in writing. It really shows how much his handwriting was handicapping him. Since he missed so much development time while struggling with the handwriting, I'm delighted he's been able to come so far in such a short amount of time. All the agony has been worth it.

Currently, ds's 504 plan allows accomodations such as extra time, lined paper, and help with notes. In addition, his teacher this year has reduced some of the assignments for him (she said she can tell if he understands a concept - such as appropriate use of commas - in 3 sentences so he doesn't have to rewrite the 10 the rest of the class must do). I think his teacher this year has been incredibly accomodating.

In order to build fluidity in handwriting you need to address the underlying neurological skills of timing, sequencing, visual-motor integration and bilateral coordination.

His other scores were mostly average, with a few things above average or superior. How are those things measured and addressed? Would an OT do that or someone else? When ds had his OT eval about a year ago, his visual-motor speed was in the poor range (2%) and manual dexterity was below average (age equivalent 5:6-5:7 - he was 7yrs6mo at the time). His other scores were mostly average, with a few things above average or superior. How are those things measured and addressed? Would an OT do that or someone else?