incogneato: Oh, I have a few of those. I take on a lot of projects during my free time, although I hardly finish any. :P

Lina, choose one of those unfinished projects. I'd recommend the one you find most interesting that you think really demonstrates what you are capable of when you really push yourself.....

Finish it! If someone had MADE me do this at your age, things would have been a lot easier for me the next few years after.....chuckle......

I actually tried doing that during the summer last year. I took my brother's seventh grade honors textbook and began doing every single problem in it (there were over fifty problems per section). Then I realized that they didn't use the same textbooks year to year.

I see. But you don't have to demonstrate that you already did what the grade students are doing from their current textbook. Merely demonstrate you are clearly capable of operating at that difficulty level, which you did by doing the "old" textbook. Did you already bring in that work and that was the reason you were given as not able to accelerate? Or are you worried that is the response you WOULD get?

BTW: Hope you have enjoyed/are enjoying the holidays. smile

Good points Dottie and Grinity. You know, I really bristle when it seems that a child is denied acceleration because there are two students that supposedly scored higher. One does not know the full story or how far ahead those kids are anyway.....

It's a fallacious argument............