Zia-

I posted under your homeschooling thread, but I also wanted to make a comment here. My husband and I initially felt forced into choosing homeschooling as our son had a fall birthday and was not permitted to begin school early in Massachusetts, which is where we lived at that time. It seemed ridiculous, as he was reading encyclopedias and doing basic math, and he was socially very adept. We asked about paying for private kindy and switching him into public for first grade, but were told that he would be "put into the age-appropriate grade" (ie, repeat kindergarten) if we tried that. In hindsight, I am eternally grateful for the inflexibility of the school department. Homeschooling hasn't always been easy, but it is probably the single best decision we ever made for our children. Our kids (with a little parental help) have the freedom to learn when where and how they choose, and at their own pace in each and every subject. It's truly a lifestyle we've come to cherish and embrace.

So, remember that even as it seems door has been slammed in your face, maybe it has allowed you to view a window with an amazing view. I'll hold your hand if you want to climb through! smile

Lorel