Originally Posted by Whirlypop
I'm sure this is a typical theme, but I don't want to push her "too hard", but don't want her to stagnate either. Sure wish I had a crystal ball about now.....Do you have one you could spare ?

I wish I did frown I'm just another parent trying to do the best I can for my kids. If I've learned anything from this process, it's that every kid and every school situation are different. And none of us will ever know if we made the best choices. Still, in the case of our son, it seemed clear that doing nothing was riskier than trying the gradeskip. So that's what we're doing for the time being. If things go bad, my plan B is to homeschool him.

In regards to raw data, she took her WISC IV for the GT testing, but I don't have the entire breakdown(I think there are 10 sections, I beleive). Otherwise, she just has her standard report cards/grades. Currently, she is being assigned additional spelling words/reading/assignments in an attempt to challenge her(at least the teacher is acknowledging her talent). But her math is far to simplistic for her.

It's a good sign that the teacher is already attempting to differentiate spelling and reading. Perhaps your daughter could do 20 mins. of EPGY at home instead of the usual math homework. That wouldn't require much effort on the part of the teacher. Or perhaps she could go to another grade for math. Is your school open to the idea of subject acceleration?