And just to piggyback on what Cathy has to say, consider carefully whether the GT program is really worth all the effort it would probably take to try to get her into the program...not to mention the fact that there's a good chance they still won't let her in.

If the GT program is a once-a-week-for-a-hour pull-out program, you might be better off trying some of the strategies that Cathy has suggested. It depends on the child, of course, but that little bit of time is often not worth the hassle you'd have to go through to get a child into it. OTOH, it can be the highlight of the week for some kids...

FWIW, this problem of "We acknowledge that you're GT, but we still can't serve you" is not at all uncommon these days. I know the same thing is happening in our school system: money gets tight or rules about GT services change, and schools respond by narrowing the range of kids they serve. It's the reality of GT education these days, and I'm not sure you'd have much luck fighting it. After all, if they make an exception for your child, they'd have to let in every kid with scores at or above hers, and they just can't do that. If the resources aren't there, the school has to make hard choices. Not serving some GT kids at all is one of those potential choices.

Sad! frown

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably push for other forms of stimulation for my child. Sometimes it's best to pick your battles, and as I doubt you'll win this one, I think I'd save my political capital with the school for something I had a shot at winning...

Kriston