Thanks --

We decided to seek out the advice of the psychologist after our daughter was having these extreme tantrums - throwing things, turning over her keyboard (use for piano practice), fighting and hitting friends during play dates, hitting us....the list went on. We read the book "The Explosive Child" and it was a big help and also took the advice of the psychologist to give our DD an "out" -- or a time out -- not a disciplinary time out, but a cooling off spot. It was such a simple solution. And it's been working great. We haven't had any major outburst like that in at least a month. The teacher is totally on board with it and lets our DD "Take Two" in the hallway or whenever she needs it.

I like the idea of keeping track of the perfectionist moments. Like today she was really frustrated that her handwriting was sloppy while working on a brownie badge project. She used to have these moments during her piano practice - throwing the keyboard over and throwing the music book. However, the small challenges she overcomes with the piano practice has helped her cope in these situations. It's much better. The great thing about Piano is it's completely individualized. The instructor has no qualms about accelerating her. She's already on the 3rd book after only 6 months of lessons. It's great!

Regarding the gradeskip. The psychologist mentioned it but I'm hesitant about it because she's actually the youngest in the class. We transferred to WI last year. Technically for her age, she should be in Kindergarten this year, but fortunately, the state where we used to live had a later cutoff and she had already started Kindergarten. She does get along with older kids really well. One of her good friends across the street is a fourth grade and they play REALLY well together.

No IQ or Achievement tests yet. I do think they have them in later grades though.