Originally Posted by aeh
One note: most of the elite universities do have branch campuses--in their search for "quality applicants"--but they are generally international, either in highly competitive communities outside of North America, or in significantly disadvantaged development districts. The twist would be for them to start looking at domestic development districts from similar angles.

True, and I agree. Unfortunately, it's usually fiscally motivated. International students are an entree to market access and higher tuition per capita. For publicly funded institutions with flatlining state allocations, it's a survival imperative. In competitive overseas markets, the choice of add-on institutes often is taken because the parent brand is judged not to be at risk of dilution because the customer segments are sufficiently distinct, both in geography and customer overlap.

I don't know the US market as well, but all the strat plans of the U15 in Canada prioritize sustainability and international enrolments.

Originally Posted by aeh
while also coaching them through the EF skills they will need to make it through college graduation./

Aeh, would you be willing to do a quick research dump (links only are fine) for studies looking into expressly teaching EF skills as a class in this group outside preschool and early elementary settings? Even a handful of names of researchers in the space would be terrific.

I was scanning the link below, but much of the lit is preschool focused.

https://developingchild.harvard.edu...he-Development-of-Executive-Function.pdf

What is to give light must endure burning.