I'll risk embarrassment here and admit that I had to look up phrenology. smile I get it now... I am becoming more skeptical of the gene testing--in his case anyway--after picking up the clearer report and seeing that the medicine he is currently taking has CC 4 (reduced response), and that it did not have any CC related to side effects. The primary side effect, drowsiness, was horrible when he first started the medication, and for five days with this dose increase it was horrible again. And he did respond quite well to it until he had a huge growth spurt. I'm becoming more willing to add a stimulant to his regimen; at the very least we will know that we tried all tools available to help him be his best. I know it has to be incredibly frustrating for him to be floundering. This is a kid who, at four years old in pre-k, was found beside the trash can in tears because he was trying to throw away a plastic container from his lunch. The container had a recycle symbol on it, but there was no recycle bin, and he was so distraught because he has always been compelled to do what should be done, period. The failures on the executive function side have to be especially frustrating for a kid who has always desperately tried to do the right thing.

Thanks for your input!