Hello,

I am trying to find some mental health resources for my HG 7 yo daughter. She has become so angry, resentful, disrespectful, and obstinate lately and it's getting worse. It has become more than my husband and I can deal with and we are trying to find someone who can see her/us. I can't seem to find anyone in our Phoenix metro area who: sees children, has experience/training with gifted children, takes insurance, and isn't 5 months booked out for an appointment. I have tried the SENG website and there isn't anyone listed there as a professional or as a liaison for Arizona. I feel like my only option will be to try and seek out a professional who has experience with learning disabled children, but am hesitant to do so because of all the info out there about misdiagnosis and incorrect /harmful treatments. Does anyone have any ideas or know of anyone in the Arizona area who sees gifted children and takes insurance or has anyone come up against the same circumstance and found a solution that worked? I would appreciate any and all input or advice, we are desperate!

Thank you in advance.