All my DS attend private religious schools. The high school does not accept funding. Heck, the high school will not allow any district providers in their campus to evaluate or provide related services. The district AT team was a little miffed because they want to observe DS in a classroom setting using the MacBook. I suggested that DS meet the AT team back at the district to evaluate the trial. Still miffed. Finally I said it's not DS fault that his school does not allow you in their building, what do you do for students in jail? and then they allowed the process to move forward. The high school was really determined not to honor DS extended time and foreign language exemption accommodations, because the school wants to decide. It took me 1.5 years, but those accommodations are finally in place. Additionally DS was diagnosed with significant APD last week and require digital hearing aids that record. If I am understanding everything correctly, DS will require an IEP for AT at district expense and he will require a 504 to receive ADA protection. The high school does take other federal funds that would qualify under 504.

I *think* the grade school does take Federal funds, but I do not know how to find out for sure. It is a religious school the wealth disparity is wide. I have heard in the past that they do accept lunch funding. There have been grants for iPad trials and a computer lab. I just do not know if those grants were public or private. Certainly "Box Tops for Education" is private. Finally, when privates were allowed to accept Universal Pre-K funding they did. Special education tuition is reimbursed for qualifying children with IEPs. Which I do not understand, since half the day is a religious program.