My DD is now 11 and was first identified with a multitude of LD's - including dysgraphia - at about the same age your DD is now. We started out with major obstacles, got major support, had more obstacles from folks who didn't get it and eventfully got our school district to buy in 100% with what almost amounts to unlimited time and funds. Not sure if it will work for you but here's what we did:

- I started off literally *begging* our pediatrician for a referral for what appeared to me to be obvious hand-eye coordination and fine motor issues. It took 3 1/2 years (until her 5th birthday) to get the referral. What I learned - don't play nice. If you think she needs it fight like your life depends on it and don't take no for an answer.

- we started with private OT 2-3 times a week. They couldn't focus on life skills because they were desperately trying to play catch up to get her ready for school. What I learned - push for school related services to take place in school so that private services can focus on life skills. (DD only started doing buttons, snaps and zippers in about 4th grade and tying her shoes in 5th grade.)

- push for all the accommodations she needs. ALL of them (even if there is pushback). We started with scribing then having the spec Ed teacher review and amend *all* worksheets. ie Instead of copying the words from a word bank she would label each word with a letter and DD would write that letter. Instead of copying sentences she would write just the changes or edits. Whenever possible she would give answers orally or find a way other than writing to answer the question, ie with manipulatives for math.

- push, push, push for AT. I started requesting keyboarding instruction in 1st grade but the very nice but woefully uninformed OT blocked it saying that it was "developmentally inappropriate" to introduce keyboarding prior to 5th grade. DD needed it more than NT kids and it would take her longer to learn than NT kids so this was a load of hogwash. We got an AT eval in second grade that recommended an iPad throughout her school day as well explicit instruction in keyboarding and voice to text. In third grade we were awarded 3 1/2 hours per week of OT as compensatory services for the delay in getting the AT up and running.

- DD was awarded OOD placement at a spec Ed school starting in third grade. They have been masterful at remediating her deficits. She has come as far as she will be able to come in terms of handwriting. She can form letters and write a brief thank you note or birthday card but it will not be her means of communicating ideas. For that she relies on typing and voice to text.

- some dysgraphic kids do better with cursive because the pencil stays in the page. I think some if not most end up developing their own print/cursive hybrid and that's fine if it works for them.

- I think CoWriter is the most important app DD uses as it allows her to move back and forth between typing and voice to text and has context based word prediction. There are so many apps she has used you will probably need to ask specific questions I can run by her for more recommendations. A properly done AT eval should provide a personalized list of recommended apps.

The parents here are probably going to be the best support you can find. I have gotten most of my ideas here, as well as support and a shoulder to cry on as needed. Many of us can relate so vent away and ask all the questions you want. We are here to help. Paying it forward...