Cym,

I appreciate your feedback, and I honestly don't have all the answers to your questions (ie, is my son going to go to the Highly Gifted Program before the end of the school year or wait till next year, does it go all through high school, etc), so I will just see what happens at next week's meeting, and see what their program is like, see what they have to say, and take it from there.

Since end of last year, his teacher has already had him go out for reading to a 2nd grade class, and he attends a 5th grade class just to sit in every now and then. I'm so glad he's not the shy type as I would've been in those situations had I been his age; he just loves meeting new people.

But the tests he brings home to me from class, makes me shake my head because they were stuff he had already mastered at 3, so I wonder if he's still being challenged enough. Like the math's addition and subtraction which they're doing now in class, it's stuff he was doing in his head when pointing out to a group of items when he was still in diapers. And the spelling words, "house", "flow", etc.. my son is now and have been reading on his own with no prodding from me, almanacs, dictionaries, the newspaper if I'm not too careful (I don't like him reading the news yet, I think there's still stuff out there he's too young to understand), and once he told me "Mom, did you know Jello has a high viscosity? Can you make me some please?" (I was embarrassed but I had to look up what viscosity meant frown )

How old is your son now? At 6, he loves all the typical 6 year old stuff - video games, cartoons, sports. He hates to write by hand but give him a PC and Word, and he'll write up a storm. He writes stories based on his favorite action figures, puts them into chapters, and on the front of each book is always a dedication to me smile I think he spends more time on the computer than other kids his age simply because I'm in the IT field and he's been in front of computers ever since he was born.

I really love this forum because I can learn so much from you all that's been here before, and I can actually talk to people who can *relate*.

Thanks smile