Just confirmed that the following district GT policy is followed at what would be DS8's next public school (grades 3-4). We plan to HS, but if something comes up or if it doesn't work, I wanted to know what our options are. Also, our plan is that he return to the district in a year or two, so I wanted to figure out the best time for him to return.

Elementary Enrichment Program Model

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In grades K-5, the enrichment program model is grounded in Differentiation of Instruction, which is a philosophy of instruction and a set of methods with the goal of meeting the diverse instructional needs of students in a heterogeneous environment. Identified students are clustered in several classrooms at each grade level, meaning approximately five students are placed in each enrichment classroom. There will be several formal enrichment classrooms at each grade level. While enrichment activities regularly occur for all students in all classroom as part of the regular curriculum, this grouping model provides the classroom teacher with a small group of students with exceptional abilities in a regular classroom to engage in enrichment activities. Members of an enrichment group might work on a collaborative enrichment project or individual students might work on enrichment opportunities. Other strategies used might include tailored curriculum or assignments, portfolios, centers, the use of technology, or independent projects. Ask your child�s teacher about these strategies. Classroom teachers are provided intensive and ongoing staff development to help them effectively differentiate instruction in mixed-ability classrooms.

Could this be made to work? (And when I am lucky enough to have a family consultant, this will be among the first questions I ask.)

See, it's questions with questions again. confused