I completely agree, acs! Self-knowledge is often the key to security in a child, and secure kids are usually easier to get along with.

Do kids need to know their exact scores? I dunno. They often don't have the context to interpret them. Think about how hard we all have to work to make sense of them. I'm not sure a child needs to do all that.

But I do think that kids can understand being GT in some form at a fairly young age, and can learn quite easily that it's neither something to brag about nor something to be ashamed of. DS7 knows he's GT, he knows that means that he can do some things that other kids his age can't. But he also knows that his GTness no different than his eye color or the length of his legs. It just IS. It isn't something that makes him better or worse than anyone else. It's what he does with himself that matters.

I'm not sure I know when we'll show DS7 his test scores, but I'm not sure we need to until he's grown. Because we talk openly about his strengths and weaknesses in a positive way, I think he knows what he needs to know to understand himself.

I think it's a great question though. I guess my short answer is that we've talked about GTness with DS7 all along; we'll show him his scores when we think he needs to see them and when he can understand them in context.

Kriston