DS just turned 17.. in 11th grade. And he's acting like a teenager and asking me to stay out of his business. He doesn't want my help. I've started in a new business venture so I'm crazy busy and so I've let it be. I'm not even checking his grades very often. Things are going OK. Grades not as high as I'd like but he's passing everything. He still doesn't turn in all the English homework which pulls that grade down. (ARGG!!) He loves AP Bio, he gets his best grades in Calculus.

We are starting the hunt for colleges. Going on a spring break trip to look at universities in a few weeks. He has a big meeting at school with his counselor tomorrow, parents not invited. To talk about college plans and classes for next year. AP Computer Science, English , Poly Sci/Econ , Band & Marching Band are all for sure. But he's dragging his feet on AP Physics. He doesn't see the point on taking Physics without Calculus. I understand but since he is still considering some type of Engineering in college I think it would be a mistake not to have taken any physics.

Can't believe he is almost a senior in H.S.